Monday, September 15, 2014

How I Prepare For Feises


Hey Everyone!!
 
This is a post about how I prep for feises...from about the week before.
 
For those for you who don't know what a feis is and are very confused, a feis is a irish dancing competition. If you aren't associated with irish dance in every way just wait like a day and I will have something else up, but I really want to do some irish dance posts because irish dance is my life...I'm not exaggerating.
Anyways this will be a list of things I do throughout the week to prepare for a day of feising.
 
I live very far away from feises. The average distance to a feis is about 3 1/2 hours from my house. And just to give you guys some general information about my dance status is I'm in U15 Prelim, in the New England region, and yeah.
 
Monday: I have class for 2 hours. I will check that I have every thing essential I need(as well as all the random crap I bring with me that I never use) just to make sure my dress isn't ripped, I have electrical tape, etc.
 
Tuesday: I again have class but only for an hour to an hour and a half. I pick up or repair anything I need to do.
 
Wednesday: I have class again. On Wednesday, I put my bag together. I have a traveling bag on wheels. I don't know what to call it. It's what people bring when they travel. You get the idea I think...Anyways...I don't have a Zuca bag because those are expensive and will probably break it in one feis, but  really like them they are so pretty and look really handy. Mine I have had for a year or so, I got it at Goodwill because I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a bag for feising. But it was like brand new and I got it for like $7.99 and it was the perfect size, not too big and not too small. So I will organize that with little pouches to keep everything in it's place and not everywhere when I get to the feis.
 
Thursday: I don't have dance, so I will practice as usual for an hour or so and fix anything from dance that my teacher told me to work on. Then I will print off the schedule, and number if they let you. Also, I will go to the grocery store with my mom and will get snacks for the ride.
 
Friday: I don't have dance again...:( But I won't practice because then I don't have to worry about pulling a muscle the night before a feis, which I have learned from experience, sucks horribly. I have pulled my hamstrings SO MANY TIMES right before a feis, it is actually ridiculous!!! The moral of the story is DON'T BE STUPID LIKE ME!!! Next, I will pack the car with my dress and bag and anything else I need. Then I will pack our snack bag with pretzel chips, gold fish, granola bars, bottles of water, etc.
 
Saturday: Let's just say the feis is on a Saturday today, I know that's sometimes they are on Sundays, but today they are on a Saturday. So It's feis morning!!*Me being sarcastic* Yay! I get to wake up at 5am! So exciting!! I wake up get dress in ya know, feis stuff, and go downstairs and make my smoothie I make every morning. I can do a recipe on how I make my smoothies if you guys want. Then I make a breakfast with a lot of protein and carbs, especially since sometimes I end up not eating that much before a feis, at least I'm not running my body on a apple and a smoothie...been there...done that...not a good idea. Then after being in the car for a century or so, I do my thang! I can do a more in depth feis day if you guys want, just let me know.
 
That is basically the week before my feis. I hope you enjoyed and let me know in the comments what you do before a feis and if you want me to do more dance things. And if you don't do irish dance, I will have a different post up soon!
 
Thanks For Reading!!
 
<3     

No comments:

Post a Comment